WCET and GlobalMindED are pleased to announce the 2020 Digital Inclusion Award. This Award is a unique recognition of an individual, organization or program having shown significant impact on low-income and/or First Generation learner populations with regard to increasing involvement in global digital leadership.
Digital inclusion is not about infrastructure, or software deployments, but is about how learners utilize technologies to improve society. While giving technology to students with limited access is important, we must also provide educational opportunities.
The Digital Inclusion Principles:
• Digital Inclusion is about leveraging “mindware”, not hardware/software,
• Digital Inclusion is one component of a larger communications ecosystem, not a stand-alone concept, and
• Digital Inclusions should be the overall goal of technological evolution.
- Two (2) verifiable examples of Digital Inclusion;
- Statement of Digital Inclusion philosophy;
- Self-nominations and nominations of others are both accepted.
Each candidate will be evaluated on a 10pt scale (with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest). Candidates should also keep the Digital Inclusion Principles listed above in mind when submitting their application.
Submissions open: October 29, 2019
Submissions close: April 15, 2020
Winner announced: May 14, 2020
Award ceremony: June 7-8, 2020
(GlobalMindED Conference in Denver, CO)
2019 winner - Dr. Marialice B.F.X. Curran,
Digital Citizenship Institute (United States)
2018 winner - Dr. Hamid Ikram,
Government College University Faisalabad (Pakistan)
2017 winner - Dr. Nader Vadiee,
Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute (United States)