As Founding President of Empire Health Foundation, Antony has championed health equity and delivered measurable impact results. Under his leadership, EHF’s innovative approach has catalyzed key health equity results including:
- advancing health care access equity by improving the percentage of uninsured from 17% to 4%,
- reducing the prevalence of childhood obesity rates by 12% in high poverty, tribal and migrant communities
- increasing the pipeline of primary care physicians by 40% and increasing service to low income patients
- improving out of school suspensions by 64% and eliminating a disparity of a 300% higher rate of suspending minority students
- launching an initiative that will reduce the entry rate into the foster care system by 10% in 2017 and will reduce Native American disparity by 20%, and other significant results.
EHF has received national and state honors including the Council of Foundations and HUD Secretary’s Award for Public Philanthropic Partnership, in recognition of “an exemplary public-philanthropic partnership which has transformed the relationship among the sectors, led to measurable benefits for residents and community, and serves as a role model for other communities”. Antony was also honored with the Annual Public Health Leader Award by the Washington State Public Health Association. Passionate about inspiring his team, EHF earned the first place Best Places to Work award from the Journal of Business.
Nationally recognized leadership: Antony serves on the board of Grantmakers in Health as well as Independent Sector. Regionally, he also serves on the board of Philanthropy Northwest, as well as several statewide leadership boards such as the Governor’s Opportunity Scholarship Board. Antony is a frequent keynote speaker and panelist at philanthropy and health conferences.
Prior to working at EHF, Antony was an executive at a leading philanthropic service provider, designing and managing innovative models of corporate technology philanthropy and streamlining international grant making. In addition, he has served as the chief executive of several social enterprise start-ups and practiced corporate venture capital law.
Antony earned his B.S. in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science from UC Berkeley and his J.D. from Stanford Law School.